RECORDING GIFTS !
£199.75 for 5 hrs
& SONG RECORDING
The Pop Star For a Day Experience is the traditional "singing to backings" version of the recording studio experience.
Still at £199.75, it offers five hours in a professional studio environment to sing to backings, and record a song or songs to your heart's content. There is also a three hour pop star mini-experience available at £135, and other vouchers of different lengths. So be a pop star for a day!
Although the pop star experience session is suitable for complete beginners in a recording studio, it is often taken up by seasoned pro singers as it offers very good value for money.
The session is a lot of fun and highly enjoyable, with lots of support from our friendly studio staff. The whole recording atmosphere is geared to relaxation and enjoyment, even though the resulting CD is often highly impressive! Come in a car with a CD player!
What you will be able to record
When you go to record a song, choose from our studio in-house backings, or select your own tracks in advance, in negotiation with us.
How much you can record
We set no limits on how many songs you can record, other than time. The range of what you can achieve is very wide, so our track numbers are guides only. Some strong cabaret artists and experienced singers have recorded as many as fourteen tracks in a five-hour day singing experience, although 4 or 5 is more likely. Quite a lot depends on how much practice you've had and how quickly and accurately your tracks are laid down. If you can rehearse before you arrive, so much the better! Clearly some - often excellent singers - are more perfectionist than others when attempting to record a song, and will be very thorough, resulting in fewer but higher quality tracks.
During our pop star singing experiences, our production engineer will also work with you on microphone technique and layering of vocals in a variety of pop styles if you want for each song you record. Our pop stars for the day are able to select backings from our extensive in-house catalogue, or request more unusual tracks to be ordered in. Occasionally bespoke tracks can be developed.
Vocal tuning software is available for that additional polish which is sometimes requested on a singer experience! We also have a variety of vocal effects and techniques to lend different qualities to your vocals.
Above and beyond our Mini-Pop Star Experience and Experience Day, we also offer a ten hour "Recording Two-Day Experience" costing a discounted £350. This can also be booked from our bookings page.
The pop star experience is just one of a catalogue of many gift experiences which we are pleased to offer to the general public. As musicians, we derive great pleasure and enjoyment from working with others on whatever musical projects they wish, and this is why we feel able to devote such attention to detail in the provision of our recording services. Please check our lists for the type of recording experience you are looking for, and contact us with your request if you don't find it.
Search for a different experience
Pop Star Experience description:
* A beautiful voucher for the experience day by first class post, with a personal letter describing the gift.
* A commercial standard disc and MP3 of your recording.
* Free use of the studio in-house backings (many thousands). Two tracks may also be bought in from our approved supplier at our expense, within the cost of the 5 hr voucher, or one track for the 3 hr voucher.
* Microphone coaching.
* Vocal layering instruction where required
* Tuning assistance if needed, for that final product!
* Vocal and/or microphone coaching where required.
* Up to four may come with you to back you up, and take photographs.
* Suitable for up to three participants.
* Suitable for all ages - staff are CRB checked.
* Any lyrics provided on request in advance or on the day.
* Key changing service available for many tracks - please enquire for details.
*An MP3 of your recording also available on the day
End of description
* The studio is set in an isolated location in outstanding unique countryside. Spend the night at a local bed and breakfast, or hotel, or camp out.
* Studio staff have between them both a high level of musical experience and training, and various teaching and languages qualifications. Well equipped to make anyone feel at ease.
* Your studio production engineer, Phil, has a great rate of success even with the shyest individuals. We enjoy the experiences, and so will you!
* We are totally flexible and musical. If you decide at the last minute that you're bringing your flugelhorn instead, we'll be delighted, and play in all the backings for you! Please surprise us!
The pop star experience is just one of many musical experience days offered at the studio. Please click here for details.
Our customer base is in Shropshire, Powys, Wales, Midlands, Birmingham, Cheshire although we find customers travel from all over the UK to take part in our high profile days.
This page is for customers looking to be a pop star for a day and record a song at a professional studio, or have a pop star party.